Adult Member$74.95 / month
Student Member$49.95 / month
Creation Labs, Inc. Membership Agreement
Creation Labs, Inc. was created to foster and support a coworking community by providing its members with a fully-equipped makerspace space. By joining Creation Labs, you agree to follow certain rules of conduct and adopt certain core values for our community as set forth below. If a member of our staff determines, in his or her sole discretion, that you have failed to follow the Rules of Conduct or Core Values, your membership may be revoked.
Rules of Conduct
- Respect the space and leave it as you find it. If you move things around, then return them to their original spot and please tidy up after yourself.
- Be mindful and respectful of others’ attention and time. Please respect their privacy. Collaboration is encouraged, but this is a workplace, first and foremost.
- We have zero tolerance for harassing our members or guests.
- Children and Pets.Children under 8 years of age and all pets are not allowed in the makerspace.
- Alcohol policy. We do not tolerate alcohol consumption, drug use or intoxication in the makerspace.
- Confidential Information. You acknowledge and agree to keep confidential and not disclose or use any confidential or proprietary information, i.e., business information, trade secrets, technology, customers and prospects, and other secret stuff, disclosed by Creation Labs or by other members of Creation Labs. You also acknowledge and agree that that disclosure of confidential or proprietary information does not transfer any rights of the discloser in and to such information to you as the recipient of such information. No firearms or weapons are permitted on the Creation Labs premises.
- Limitations of Products being Made. No weapons, firearms, parts for firearms, obscene or offensive items are permitted for design, fabrication or production at Creation Labs.
Creation Labs Core Values
- Empowerment – Enable the individual maker by facilitating innovation from mind-to-market through a collaborative design-build process and learning.
- Learning – We will create value by enriching others with knowledge and skills to improve their lives and better contribute to our community.
- Community – Everything we do will benefit our community by focusing on inspiring minds embracing diversity and openness.
- Openness – Knowledge is an abundant resource that we will share with our community. We will strive continuously to engage our community through open safe dialog, transparency and integrity.
- Integrity – We will be honest, fair, and trustworthy in all activities relating to our community and our members.
Creation Labs, Inc. Liability Release
I understand and acknowledge that there are risks of personal injury, death, and property damage while participating in activities and events and using the facilities offered by Creation Labs, Inc. Some risks are inherent in the use of power and hand tools; other risks are inherent in making and fixing things generally; still other risks may arise from conditions, situations, or activities of which I am presently unaware. All use of tools has some risk of injury, particularly when used incorrectly or unsafely.
In consideration of Creation Labs allowing me to enter and /or utilize its facilities, I hereby release, and discharge Creation Labs, its directors, officers, employees, stockholders, representatives, contractors and agents from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the parties released, for my death, disability, physical injury, property damage, or any actions of any kind resulting, directly or indirectly, from my attendance at the facilities, my participation in any project, my use of Creation Labs tools or equipment, or any activities incidental to such use. I also agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Creation Labs, its directors, officers, employees, stockholders, representatives, contractors and agents from and against all liabilities, damages, losses, expenses and claims of any nature whatsoever for any personal injury, death, or for damage to or loss of any property arising out of or in any way connected with my conduct, even if Creation Labs is also negligent or otherwise at fault.
I acknowledge that Creation Labs is not responsible for the protection of and will take no steps to ensure the privacy or confidentiality of the activities I conduct, or any confidential or proprietary information or materials I bring to or produce at Creation Labs. I agree not to use the equipment and materials at Creation Labs in violation of another’s intellectual property rights.
I understand that the effect of my signing this document is that I (1) assume all risk of any injury, wrongful death, or property damage I might suffer while participating in a class or otherwise using the facilities of Creation Labs, even if it comes as a result of the negligence or other fault of Creation Labs, (2) absolve and release Creation Labs from the consequences of its negligence and/or other fault, (3) will indemnify and defend Creation Labs against any legal actions or other claims for damages arising as a result of my conduct
I agree to the use of my image and any images of class projects or work in progress on the premises for program promotion and publicity. I understand that I am forfeiting important legal rights and incurring important legal responsibilities.
I understand that certain skills and safety procedures are required in order to reduce the dangers involved in project work. I agree to wear eye protection at all times when in the work areas and to use such other safety equipment as may be required by the type of work I am performing. I understand and agree that should emergency services become necessary, the expenses are my sole responsibility and not that of Creation Labs. I agree that the terms of this Agreement bind me, my heirs, assigns, executors and administrators, and protect Creation Labs, its directors, officers, employees, stockholders, representatives, contractors and agents